Scholarships worth 48,000 euros to attend a European joint MSc in Mathematical Engineering.
MathMods is a two-year joint Master of Science (MSc) programme (120 ECTS) between 5 European universities, which aims to provide students with a cross cultural education while they get acquainted with both theory and applications of mathematical modelling in engineering.
Several cholarships are offered by the European Commission to both non- European and European students. These scholarships amount to a maximum of EUR 48,000.00 to cover the two-year expenses and are granted to the most promising applicants.
The MathMods Consortium is coordinated by the
– University of L’Aquila in Italy (UAQ)
and involves other four leading institutions in Europe:
– Autonomous University of Barcelona in Catalonia (UAB),
– Gdansk University of Technology in Poland (GUT),
– University of Hamburg in Germany (UHH),
– University of Nice – Sophia Antipolis in France (UNS).
The MathMods Master’s degree course consists of four semesters. Each semester totals 30 ECTS credits. The mobility scheme involves two different locations at least. The first year is common for all students: this will guarantee an equal knowledge platform for all of them. The second year is divided into five paths, which reflect the partners’ field of excellence.
– First semester: Theory at UAQ, Italy
– Second semester: Numerics at UHH, Germany
– Third+Fourth semester: Applications at UAB / UHH / UAQ / GUT / UNSA
The language of the whole course is exclusively English at each of the five universities. Students must also attend (and acquire the relating credits of) a course of basic Italian language (first semester) and German language (second semester). Students will also have the opportunity to attend local language courses during their second year (spent at one of the five partners).
Application Deadline : 31 January 2014