Geospatial Technologies offer students a scholarship amount up to 36500 euros! Do not miss this great opportunity!
official website http://mastergeotech.info/
online appliation system http://mastergeotech.info/?page_id=146
application deadline: 15 Jan
This Erasmus Mundus-recognized Master of Science program prepares you to exploit new technologies to support environmental and societal decision-making affecting the future of our planet.
In 2007, three European universities
• Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster (WWU), Institute for Geoinformatics (ifgi), Münster, Germany;
• Universitat Jaume I (UJI), Dept. Lenguajes y Sistemas Informaticos (LSI), Castellón, Spain;
• Universidade Nova de Lisboa (UNL), Instituto Superior de Estatística e Gestão de Informação (ISEGI)
joined forces and established the Geospatial Technologies Masters program funded by the European Commission through the program of excellence Erasmus Mundus.
Each year the Master program will enroll up to 32 students. Half students attend their first semester at UJI, half at UNL. The program at UJI stresses the computing aspects of GI such as computer graphics and web services, whereas the program at UNL is more oriented towards the processing and modeling aspects of Geographic information, including topics such as “Remote Sensing” and “Geospatial data mining”. UNL provides a series of courses in data analysis, processing and modeling as well as courses in GIS foundations and applications. Students with different backgrounds can choose the courses that best suite their particular needs and profiles and define a personalized path.
For the second semester, all students attend the courses at WWU. The first module mediates “Fundamentals in GI Science”. The second module “Advanced topics in GI Science” mediates knowledge on ongoing research and research projects. The third module provides additional “Core competences” the students will need for their Master thesis as well as for their future professional careers: “Research methods in GI Science” and “Project management in GI projects”.
The course program prepares the students for their own research in the Master thesis in the third semester at one of the three locations.
The career chances of our degree holders are excellent. Our graduates are now working in Geoscience companies and government agencies, studying in top PhD programs, and teaching in their home countries.
The Master of Science in Geospatial Technologies qualifies for a professional career in the following domains:
• Private sector: GI applications and consulting in the domains of regional planning, landscape planning, financial services industry, energy providing industry, transportation, agriculture and forestry, and retailing/marketing;
• Research: Applied sciences at universities and other research institutions.
• Public sector: GI applications and consulting in local and regional administrations, especially in cadastre and different types of planning (e.g., regional, traffic, ecology).
The Master program addresses holders of a Bachelor degree with a qualification in application areas of Geographic Information, e.g., geography, ecology, urban, regional and environmental planning, logistics/transportation, energy provision, surveying, computer science, agriculture, forestry.
Visit the M.Sc. Geospatial Technologies page on the University of Münster web site for more details!
Universal Education Consultant