K.U. Leuven Faculty of Science
Masters (MS) Degree
Deadline: 31 Jan 2013 (annual)
Study in: Belgium
Course starts September 2013
The Faculty of Science of the K.U.Leuven and its Alumni Association Science@Leuven are proud to announce their new initiative: The Science@Leuven Scholarship. The scholarships are for motivated and talented international students, interested in participating in an international master programme of the Faculty of Science of the K.U.Leuven
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven in Belgium
Field of study:
Any International Mater Programme under the Faculty of Science at K.U. Leuven:
• Master of Astronomy and Astrophysics
• Master of Biology
• Master of Molecular and Cellular Biophysics
• Master of Chemistry
• Master of Geography
• Master of Mathematics
• Master of Physics
• Master of Statistics
• Master of Geology
Number of Awards:
The amount of the scholarship can be up to 8,000 Euro for 1 year. The Board of the Science@Leuven Fund will decide exactly how much a scholarship will be. The scholarship will always cover the tuition fee for 1 year, the insurance and a basic health insurance coverage. The amount awarded for living expenses can vary.
Most master programmes of the Faculty of Science are 2-year programmes. A scholarship for the second master year is only awarded to students having had outstanding results the first master year.
Applicants must meet and prove the following requirements:
• the applicants have not studied or worked at the University of Leuven before,
• the applicants have a bachelor degree from a foreign university that gives them access to the master programme they are applying for,
• the applicants can prove having had excellent study results during their former training,
• the applicants show strong motivation to follow a master programme at the Faculty of Science of the K.U.Leuven
• the applicants are willing to act as an ambassador for the programme.
Deadline for admission for the academic year 2012-2013 for Non-EEA students pursuing a Masters Programme in English is 31 January 2013.
The applicants should fill out the application form of the International Office to apply for admission to the K.U.Leuven. The applicants note in the application form that they want to apply for the Science@Leuven Scholarship.
It is important to read the application procedure and visit the official website (link found below) to download the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship